Here are some of the most frequently asked questions:
How are the orders packaged?
- Each order is shipped with extreme care. Cake is shipped frozen and packed in a premium foam cooler along with Dry Ice and instructions.
- Products may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Remove shrink wrap and paper collar while cake is still frozen
- To serve, leave at room temperature for around 3 hours
- If not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours with dome
How do the orders ship?
- Orders are shipped via FedEx Overnight from Toronto and in some cases, local orders may be delivered by our friendly delivery team.
- You must choose a delivery date at checkout, delivery dates are Tuesday-Friday not including Holidays and not including the regular delivery days immediately following a Holiday.
- Orders placed before 9am EST on Monday to Thursday will be shipped out the same day. (excluding Holidays)
Is shipping included?
- We ship nationwide in Canada from our shipping facility in Toronto. Shipping is calculated at checkout.
Is pickup available?
- We are adding a pickup option soon ! Cake slices and in some locations, full cakes are available at our CAKE ATM's in Toronto and Ottawa. You can find a location near you by checking out our CAKE ATM locator https://carlosbakery.ca/pages/store-locator Orders placed through the carlosbakery.ca website are not currently eligible for pick up. We are launching additional CAKE ATM locations soon so be sure to sign up for our email list!
Where is the cake made?
- All cake is made at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey and distributed in Canada by Express Retail Group
What if I need my order for an event?
- If you are placing an order for a time-sensitive event, we recommend placing your order early and schedule it to arrive 1-2 days before your event.
How will I know if my order has been successfully placed?
- Upon completion of your order, you will be redirected to the order confirmation page that confirms your order. You will separately receive a confirmation email from Carlosbakery.ca. If you do not see this email, Please check your JUNK or SPAM box for this message before contacting customer service or placing your order again
Are there delivery restrictions?
- We cannot deliver to PO boxes, please make sure to enter a physical address when placing your order.
- FedEx delivers between 8am and 8pm, and while carriers do their best to deliver commercial packages during business hours, we cannot guarantee a time of delivery during a window of limited business hours. We don't require a signature for delivery on most of our packages. We recommend opening your package soon after delivery to properly store items that require refrigeration. We are not responsible for packages reported damaged due to a delay in opening and/or not properly storing the package’s contents upon delivery.
- The decision to leave an unattended package at your front door is solely up to the discretion of the driver. We are not responsible for missed deliveries, sometimes resulting in a damaged product, because no one was home and the driver felt it was unsafe to leave it.
Have another question?
Contact us here: https://carlosbakery.ca/pages/contact-us